PRIX CIME 2017 - Electroacoustic Music Competition
Deadline for submission: 28 May 2017 | Data limite entrega: 28 de Maio de 2017
The International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music is pleased to announce the biennial PRIX CIME 2017 international composition competition.
The International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music (ICEM) was founded in 1981 in Bourges, France and since then it is member of the International Music Council (IMC). CIME-ICEM is a non-profit international organization consisting of National Federations and International Organization Members (OIM). Today, the ICEM consists of fourteen National Federations: FARME (Argentina), FeBeME - BeFEM (Belgium), CECh (Chile), CEMC (China), LNME (Cuba), Charm of Sound (Finland), BEAN (Great Britain), HELMCA (Greece), AARSOM (Mexico), PSeME (Poland), Miso Music (Portugal), AMEE (Spain), AMEG (Switzerland), and UAEM (Ukraine); and of nine International Organization Members: GrupLac in Bogota (Colombia), MISAME in Paris (France), HCMF in Budapest (Hungary), Spectro Center in Tehran (Iran), CMMAS in Morelia (Mexico), CEAMMC in Moscow (Russia), The Orquesta del Caos in Barcelona (Spain), ICST in Zurich (Switzerland) and CEMI in Denton (USA).
The competition is divided in two categories:
• Category 1: Prix CIME - Open to all composers regardless age.
• Category 2: Residency Prix CIME - Open to all composers born after December 31, 1987.
• The competition is open to all regardless of gender, nationality, affiliation and regardless if your country of residence is member of ICEM.
• Applicants may submit only one work
• Only works written within the last 5 years will be considered.
• Anonymous submission is not required.
• There is no duration limitation
• There is no entry fee.
• Open to all forms of electroacoustic music including:<
- fixed electronics
- instrument(s) and electronics (fixed and/or live)
- video music
- sound art including new interfaces
• Work in progress will not be considered.Jury Members
James Andean (Finland)
Miguel Azguime (Portugal)
Catalina Peralta C. (Colombia)
Rodrigo Sigal (Mexico)
Andrea Szigetvári (Hungary)
Todor Todoroff (Belgium)
Zhang Xiaofu (China)
Alla Zagaykevych (Ukraine)
1. The competition will award the following prizes:
• Category 1 - Prix CIME (the prize could be divisible in the case of ex aequo).
• Category 2 - Residency Prix CIME (1 to 4 residencies).
2. The Studio Residencies for category 2 include 1-2 weeks studio support, accommodation and meals arranged by each center independently. The participating centers will be announced in due time.
3. The selected works from both categories will receive:
- ICEM CD/DVD release
- Distribution to the ICEM members for concert/broadcast programming, including the ICEM annual festival.
- Online publication.
- There is no prize money for the awarded works.
4. The jury has the right to award Honorable Mentions.