19.º Concurso Internacional de Composição Electroacústica Música Viva 2018
até 28 de Fevereiro de 2018 |
CONCURSO MÚSICA VIVA 2018
A fim de incentivar a criação e a difusão de novas obras electroacústicas, a Miso Music Portugal promove o 19.º Concurso Internacional de Composição Electroacústica Música Viva 2018. A data limite para a apresentação das obras a concurso é 28 de Fevereiro de 2018; a peça vencedora será anunciada no decorrer do Festival Música Viva 2018, que terá lugar no O’culto da Ajuda em Lisboa (Maio de 2018).
As obras electroacústicas submetidas para o Concurso Música Viva 2018 devem incluir o máximo de oito canais, tendo a duração entre 5 e 15 minutos. Esta iniciativa é dirigida a compositores de todas as nacionalidades e idades, sendo que cada um deles pode submeter apenas uma obra - não editada comercialmente e não premiada em nenhum outro concurso nacional ou internacional. O Concurso Internacional de Composição Electroacústica Música Viva foi lançado pela Miso Music Portugal em 2000.
- The works submitted for the competition shall be electroacoustic pieces, composed and recorded in studio. They are to be projected only by loudspeakers in concert, without any intervention of live performers besides the sound projectionist. They may include a maximum of eight channels and should have a duration between five and fifteen minutes.
- The competition is open to composers of any nationality and age, each of whom may submit only one work, which has not been commercially published or awarded a prize in any other national or international competition. Any previous Musica Viva prize-winning composer will not be allowed to submit a work during the two years following the prize award.
- The ZIP file title should be the Title of the Piece (ex. TitleOfThePiece).
- The ZIP file should contain all files inside a single folder with the following information:
- nationality, place and date of birth, short biography, contact information, information about the piece (methods used, concept, etc.)
- 1 Audio file .AIFF or .WAV format 16bit or 24bit at 44,1kHz or 48kHz sampling rate containing a stereo version of the piece.
- Additionally, in the case of works with more than two channels (multichannel pieces) the audio files corresponding to each of the channels in AIFF or WAV format inside a folder
- The deadline for submissions is 12 pm GMT time, February 28, 2018. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered valid.
- Prize: the jury will award 1 work.
Miso Music Portugal will give the opportunity to the winning composer to present his/her music in concert performed by the Miso Music Loudspeakers Orchestra at the Música Viva Festival, having also the possibility to do a lecture/seminar concerning his/her work.
- The jury may not select any of the submitted works for the competition and the decision shall be final.
- The jury will announce the results during the Musica Viva Festival 2018.
- Each submission of an application for the competition implies the acceptance of all the rules.
- Any questions regarding these regulations and their interpretation shall be clarified by the Miso Music Portugal.
- All applications not meeting these requirements will not be taken into consideration.